Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hiking the Stansbury Mountains

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to go on my first backpacking trip, but sadly Jake couldn't come because he has to work on the weekends. I had a great time, although my brothers and sister would probably say differently :) I didn't realize backpacking was so tough, and I was glad the first day we started it was dark so no one could see me crying because I was so tired. The trip made me realize how out of shape I am! It is so sad! Even though I was lame and tired the whole time, I did have alot of fun. I am posting pictures below and hope you enjoy! The neat thing is that the mountains were only about 45 minutes away, so it was so close. I am amazed that a place so beautiful is so close to SLC. Some highlights from the trip:



  • Running away from flies at the lake we hiked to, and then having them follow us all the way back to our tents.

  • Ian finding a snake on the hike

  • Finding three goat legs randomly on the trail, and Ian actually touching them
  • Eating a mountain meal with the four of us eating off of one fork and passing it around
  • Going home and getting tons of food and eating almost all of it....It seemed like the best meal ever!
  • Vic and me putting up our tent on slanted ground and us sliding toward the bottom of the tent during the night


Here are some pics:



No comments: