Friday, January 2, 2009

One of my most favorite things:


I know it sounds ridiculous because it is a kitchen appliance, but I absolutely LOVE my Kitchenaid. If you don't have one - stop reading and get one right now. This lovely appliance not only helps me when I cook and bake, but it sits on my counter beautifully. I am so protective of it, that I will not let the silver bowl dry in the dishwasher - I will hand wash it and dry it with a towel, of course making sure that there are no water spots. I make up any excuse I can to use it. It is one of the reasons I like to cook! Of course cooking and baking is more fun when you have fun little gadgets and appliances.

Another one of my favorite things:


I love things to be organized and be in cute boxes with labels on them. Nothing makes me feel better than to look in the closet and see all of my boxes stacked on top of eachother with labels. I love taking a messy room and organizing it. (you wouldn't be able to tell that by our spare bedroom - but where else do you cram everything you can't fit anywhere else?) I love filling empty shelves with neatly folded towels, linens, or anything that looks pretty. I just love for everything to have a specific place. I have gotten into the habit of walking around the house and throwing things away that I don't find important - It has gotten to the point when if Jake can't find something he will immediately ask if I have thrown it away. What can I say - I don't like clutter :)

6 comments:

K.E.N said...

Where was this Mary when you were my roommate?! I wished I could have lived with her instead of the slob I got stuck with. ;) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Mary, Marianne just sent me to your blog and I have to say that it's just as adorable as you are!

I just bought myself a Kitchenaid and, at 45 years old, made my first loaves of bread on New Years Day!!! I understand your love for the kitchenaid :)

Love, Auntie Becky

Victoria said...

This post sounds exactly like you! I swear your house is never even dirty! Except for Jake's "man" closet without any shelves:)

All I know from our roommate days is you would always turn off the light, even if you had crutches! Speaking of, is there a way I can vote on other people's posts, like you can with Salt Lake Trib articles? No friend of mine would call me a slob, no matter what smiley face they put at the end.

Anonymous said...

Since I've known you and it's been a VERY long time, you've always been totally organized - which is what I love about you. We all have moments of weakness but you've never been a slob.

I LOVE my kitchen-aid as well. It really pays for itself. I've had mine almost twelve years and I try to clean it to sparkling after every use. It's a work horse.

Anonymous said...

you know you have seen too many blogs when you have a dream about a kitchenaid that was posted on someone's blog!:) no kidding.
I am with you on the organization thing. I LOVE things to look in order and pretty!:) (although that is not always the case at my house, sadly)

Marianne said...

OK, so you slmost talked me into thinking I need one of those neat appliances. I just use my bread machine to mix up dough. That Kitchenaid is a beauty! Have a great day!