Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Officer of the Month!

So a couple weeks ago Jake finally broke the news to me that he was Salt Lake City's Officer of the Month for May. I couldn't believe he waited a couple weeks to tell me. He is super humble - I would have called him the second I found out (if I were given officer of the month) and cheered to him on the phone. He said it so nonchalant, as if it were no big deal. This is time to celebrate! Jake went out of his way to make sure he solved a case that he had been on the night before. He went out and sought the guy out on his next shift. I won't go into too much detail - he can fill you in :) Anyways - he gets to go to a big staff meeting to "receive the recognition he deserves" (as said in his award letter) and he gets to go to lunch with the chief of police. Talk about AWESOME! I am very proud of him - he's such a hard worker and I'm glad he is being recognized!
Here's the website - I am not sure if it will be up much longer, but you can always hit the "archived officers of the month" if you don't see him....click here

5 comments:

K.E.N said...

FANCY! I can't wait to have a BBQ with Salt Lake's finest. It will truly be an honor.

Marianne said...

It's a good thing you keep us up on these things, Mary, since
SOMEBODY else doesn't!! We are sure proud of him!!

Julie And Adam said...

Go Jake!!! I have awesome brothers!

sherri said...

See, I was right! Jake is the bravest man I know! Way to go Jake! You are awesome! Thank Mary-sure do miss you guys!

Chelsea said...

I haven't look at your blog for awhile-- this is awesome. Congrats!