Thursday, August 27, 2009

This is a summary of our past two weeks:

My brother Mike has been staying with us for a couple weeks until BYU starts up again. It's been alot of man time for mike and jake and I have walked in on a few wrestling matches. My friend Shiloh came over the other day and made a remark about how when guys get together they tackle eachother and wrestle, whereas girls normally sit and talk about what's going on in their lives. How funny would it be if when girls got together they tackled eachother and wrestled? I would probably bust out laughing if I saw that. At the end of one wrestling match between Mike and Jake, this was pulled out:

Then mike tried it on and Jake felt a little left out so he made his own mask:


It's been alot of fun with Mike here - he has helped out alot with doing work around our house - cutting down a cherry tree in our backyard, texturing the basement ceiling, priming all the walls and ceiling in the basement and whatever we need help with. It's been great! Jake and mike took the cherry tree down in the backyard with a machete until our hometeacher came over and offered to cut the stump down with a chainsaw.


We went to Zion National Park this past weekend which was alot of fun. We hiked Angel's Landing, Weeping Rock, Emerald Pools, and did the Subway. The Subway is a hike they say is "technical", but you don't really need any extreme gear. We just needed a rope and we were all set! We had to swim in some parts, do some bouldering, and then repel down one part. Here are some pictures of our adventure!


Weeping Rock


This is part of the subway where we had to swim


I think mike looks like he was photo shopped in here


Climbing up Angel's Landing


Creepy Faces in the Subway

This Video is of Mike and Jake running up "Walter's Wiggles". These are switchbacks on the way up to Angel's Landing. I stayed at the bottom and then took my time going up. They are intense!



This video is in the Subway - there were quite a few of these types of "water slides" but this one was on you could actually slide on.



We've had a great past couple of weeks and have gotten alot of things done! We hope you are doing well and enjoying the end of summer! Fall is just around the corner and I am VERY excited :) It is my favorite time of year!

5 comments:

Victoria said...

I am DYING with jealous right now---how fun!! You look AMAZING, Mary. Um Jake's mask looks like he is the little kid who gets all the crappy leftover things aka homemade Amish WWF masks...we are totally wrestling next time we hang out!

Shumway Family said...

I laughed so hard when I saw Jake's mask. Like a bad homemade costume.

Someday our kids will be big enough to actually go hiking and I totally want to go there!

Marianne said...

Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun times!

Julie And Adam said...

I miss the Woods! I miss them a LOT!!! Looks like you guys did a lot!!

sherri said...

Seems to me that Mike is having a hard time beating Jake. What a fun lot you are. Wish I could be there to share! Love you