Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Goodbye 2009, thanks for the Good Times...

I was on a call today with someone who had these sentiments: "I am glad 2009 is over, it was the year of people swindling me left and right." Sorry if your year felt like this, but mine was pretty good. Lots of good times, I'm sure there were some down times, but the good ones outweigh them. As 2010 comes full swing, I just wanted to share with you some of my favorite discoveries (new to me) from 2009.



Clorox Disinfectant wipes. I love these. I just wipe down the bathroom counter, or whatever and it looks clean and beautiful and all the germs are gone. While everyone was getting the swine flu, I was wiping down with clorox wipes. I don't ever want to go to life before I knew the clorox wipe.




Yes, I have had peanut butter before 2009, but what I didn't know was that it is an AMAZING agent to get construction adhesive out of a coat. Jake was bravely fixing a frozen water pipe and got construction adhesive all over one side of his coat. I did a little research online and found that if you let peanut butter sit on the adhesive for a little while, you can just scrape it right off with your finger nail. I sprayed the area first with Shout so that the oil from the peanut butter wouldn't stay on the coat. It worked like a charm! I heard you can also use this for stickers left on certain clothing and other sticky things...



3M command hooks. I love these babies too. I have a new found love of putting wreaths on the front door, but the heavy magnet wreath holder was ripping the paint off the door when taking the magnet off. I think Jake was the one who suggested using these, but I didn't think it would hold a big wreath, especially a heavy Christmas one. It worked! It has been holding my big Christmas wreath on the door for about a month and a half now, and it hasn't even fallen once. I used the other one that came in the package to hang my necklaces on in our bedroom. I will keep buying these for any hanging needs I have.




Good old Pumice stone. Not just useful for making your feet nice and smooth, but also for cleaning your toilet. The toilet downstairs had a nice ring around it and I tried cleaning it with normal bathroom cleaner, magic eraser sponge, and anything else I could think of, it still wouldn't come off. After some research on the internet, I found that if you use a pumice stone it will scrub that ring right off, and it won't even scratch the ceramic. Worked beautifully! I thought we might have to buy a new toilet, but It looked as good as new. Oh the wonderful things you find on the internet.

Thanks 2009 for the great discoveries, please provide some more in 2010...

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Huh. I was hoping for swindling tips. Now I just want to go clean. And eat crunchy peanut butter.

kimmikub said...

Very interesting! I love the new ideas!