Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I have a little problem...

So we had a few warm days last week and of course I got VERY excited. I bought a huge planter for our front porch at costco a few weeks ago and went out to find a plant for it. I found a huge fern that would look awesome on the front porch, so I bought it and put it in that afternoon. Three days later it snowed and was FROZEN. But, with dedication I decided to water it and hoped it would get better. Of course it didnt so I decided to bring it inside. The fern is dying and it STINKS...BAD (as in smelly, as in I thought it was me, but was relieved when it was the stinky fern). That shows me for trying to make my front porch look nice. Has anyone ever had a frostbitten fern before? What do i do?


2 comments:

sherri said...

Mary, I fear you will have to throw it away and start over. Ferns are very sensitive to cold, other flowers and plants you can cover with towels, blankets or newspaper to keep the frost off of them. House plant ferns are tropical in nature and are more prone to freezing. Yes, I have done it many times and still do.

Shumway Family said...

Stinky = throw away. Gross.