Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What is the deal with Valentine's day? The past couple days at work, I have been asked multiple times what the guys should do for their wives for Valentine's day. I have racked my brain multiple times trying to come up with creative ideas, because it seems everyone I work with has a wife who needs something "sentimental" for Valentine's day. Is it really that big of a deal? I mean, a few flowers and a nice dinner and that's all I need! Please don't write me some sappy poem or sing me a song. In college I had a guy actually write me a poem on a piece of paper and he burned the edges of the paper to make it look like it was historic or something - I couldn't stop laughing! I actually could care less about Valentine's day - in middle school and high school it was a big deal, (when you had your two day relationships) but now I don't really care. A guy at work was shocked when I told him that I didn't really care about Valentine's day - "WHAT? You aren't going to do ANYTHING for Valentine's day? If you're like this at 1 year of marriage, you are going to be a huge grinch at your 5th year." Sheesh!

Jake kept telling me that we needed to put this on the blog, so here it is :) The past couple weeks we have been playing the game "Sonic and Mario Olympics" on the Wii. This is me playing the whack-a-mole game (soon to be in the real olympics! j/k)

3 comments:

Julie And Adam said...

Me and Adam don't do anything for Valentines day. I think it's a dumb over-rated holiday. So I'm with you all the way!!!

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious playing video games! You look like you have Tourrette's!! (sp?) I cannot believe you are going to reject my serenade with rose petals on Valentine's Day. I thought the rose-scented candles would be the perfect touch.

Marianne said...

I'm with you about Valentine's Day! I think the stores are the ones to try to make it some big deal that you have to buy all these presents for everyone you love. I used to buy a little box of heart candies or make heart shaped frosted sugar cookies for the kids when they were little and Robert- nothing too extravagent!
Love you playing the wack-a-mole!