Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The other night we headed out to look for Christmas decorations (yes, i know it is not even Thanksgiving yet-but i wanted to be ready for the day after Thanksgiving) and we decided to get some stockings. Jake asked if I wanted them to match, and after I told him I didn't really care he went off looking for his favorite one. After looking at the picture below, I will give you one guess as to which one is his:



Maybe this will help:


I couldn't stop laughing. I think it is so funny how much he loves the Jazz (no, not the music Vic). We both love christmas and are excited for the day we get to put up our christmas tree! I even bugged Jake to get the gutters put up on the house so we could hang christmas lights outside. I still haven't gotten to it, but that is my goal for this weekend! (they will not be turned on until AFTER thanksgiving) I still can't decide what kind to do- the clear ones, white ones, or multi color? I don't really like the solid colored ones (besides white)-it reminds me of a house back home on our street that did all yellow lights on their house, including yellow spotlights shining on their roof. I can't remember if they had a tweety bird dressed as santa or not- I could be imagining that. I also don't like when people do solid red (sorry if that includes you)- it just seems like the opposite of christmas. Or I could do the ones that flash according to music...what will they come up with next year?

The one thing I don't like about this time of year in Utah is how dry my skin gets. It is disgusting, and I am sure people look at me like I have a disease but it looks like I have a goatee of dry skin. D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G. Maybe too much information for you, but it is worse for me- I have to live with it. Regardless of the pounds of lotion I put on, I am left with the dry skin goatee.

We are excited for Thanksgiving- we are going up to my sister's house to be with family (sadly Jake will be working on the real thanksgiving day so we will miss out on his family's festivities) but my sister usually does her dinners on Friday so her family can go skiing on Thanksgiving day-that way they aren't slamming into other skiiers and having to yell at people to get out of the way on the day after thanksgiving. We will probably all eat tons of food and have intentions of playing games afterwards but in actuality will fall asleep within minutes of finishing the dishes. That's the best part-taking a nap with your bloated belly. I am in charge of the traditional Black Bottom Pie (initiated by Dad Ryder) and hope I don't ruin it. I have never made one before- I am usually in charge of mashed potatoes which no one can screw up (which is why it is always given to me). Wish me luck! Dad- if you have any pointers let me know!

3 comments:

Angela Dougherty said...

YAY! I love Christmas! Umm...I had no self-control this year and I've already decorated our apartment. And I feel Christmas joy every time I wake up. I love Jake's stocking! I had a good laugh over that. :)

Julie And Adam said...

Adam won't let me put anything up until after Thanksgiving, but I'm thinking I'll put stuff up ON Thanksgiving. And that stocking just yells Jacob's name! Hee hee!

BlueAdagio said...

I've bought stocking too! And other fun Christmas decorations. I really excited to have my own place to decorate. But I can not put anything up yet out of respect for my husband. Haha.

We were walking through the store the other day and Christmas music was playing and Monte said (almost to himself), "Nobody respects Thanksgiving anymore!" I started laughing. Monte doesn't have an opinion about a lot of things so when he does I try to respect it.

So no lights or stocking or trees until after Thanksgiving. I can't wait for Saturday! Haha