Friday, November 7, 2008

We went to Lowes the other night, and by our pictures you can tell what we found! They have all of the christmas decorations out, and they had tons of different types of hats.


I think this one is my absolute favorite :)

This one makes me feel a little sick

It kind of felt like winter because it had snowed almost 3 inches that morning! I woke up and was excited but ticked off at the same time. It took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to get to work, when usually it only takes me 30 minutes. I think its funny and it drives me nuts how when it snows people somehow forget how to drive and they freak out. There was a five car pile up on the freeway, and another accident they were cleaning up. I fought the urge to jump into the carpool lane, but decided a super expensive ticket would make me feel even worse.
We joined a co-ed volleyball team with some friends from church and we had our first games on Tuesday night. There are three couples that play and it was alot of fun! We only won one game out of the four but it was fun to play. I haven't ever played on a co-ed team, but I do like the rule of having to have the girls touch the ball almost everytime it comes over the net. The guys on our team are good about letting the girls play, but there was one time I played a game with some people from church back home and some guy acted like girls didn't even know what a volleyball was. I am glad this team is different!
I am also on a church volleyball team and we were good enough to make it to the regional tournament! We played our first games last night and were good enough to move onto the next pool play next week. It is alot of fun and it's nice because everyone plays hard but have fun while doing it.
Jake and I also had a new nephew born this week! Jake's brother, Danny and his wife Courtney had little Cason on Monday! We went to the hospital to visit and they are all doing super well. Cason is adorable! He is so little!
Other than that things are good! I am counting down the days until Thanksgiving so I can be lazy, watch movies, and eat tons of food.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I love the hats! They're great! Did you buy one?!!

Anonymous said...

I've always thought that Jake was such a handsome guy, but the blond hat is making me think....not so much. ;)