Monday, September 29, 2008

Fall Decorating!

So I love the feel of fall. I don't know if it is the fact that because growing up in Michigan was absolutely gorgeous in the fall (the canopy of trees down the street when they were changing colors), or because the air just smells so good! I also like the fact that we can wear light jackets and cute scarves. I decided this past weekend that our house needed some fall decorations, so I took matters into my own hands. I went to Tai Pan in Sandy and spent about an hour and a half walking around and just thinking about what I could do. Now, I am not good at decorating by any means so it took me forever to pick out just a few items. I went home and cleaned the house and put up my decorations. I love sitting in a clean house (especially with fall decorations!). Here are a few pictures of what I could come up with:

Our fall colored pillows!

Pumpkins on the front porch

I promise these are fall colors (it looks a little christmasy)


I also tried to make the house smell like fall with this wax melter thing we have, but it didn't quite smell like fall. When Jake got home that night he said " it smells like a craft store in here". It reminds me of something my Dad might say...

4 comments:

K.E.N said...

Very fancy, Mar. I especially like the pillows, very festive. And I would say you are crafty-you an eye for things that match and you know what you like. Maybe one day I'll get to see it all in person :(

Amanda said...

Funny story actually....we went to a pumpkin patch this weekend because I needed pumpkins! And when we got home we decorated the whole house with fall and halloween stuff. I love this teim of year too!!! Even though I'm stuck in the desert and there's no sign of cool crisp air, I can still enjoy it in my house =)

By the way, yours looks cute!!

Amanda said...

thanks! yeah, it was fun...I don't know what it's like in Utah, but everything about California makes me miss MIchigan--which I thought I'd never say. I can't wait tog o back for Christmas!

KIRI said...

Mary your house is so cute!!! i love your blog. . . i found you off of kari's. . . I miss you girls so much! Where are you these days still in UTAH? I am planing on heading up there to live in like 10 months. Your blog is so fun. . . its good reading it and getting an update. Love ya