Monday, September 15, 2008

We had the fun opportunity to have dinner with my friend Heather and her husband last night. Heather and I went to high school at the same time (different High schools) back in Michigan. It started out as a normal dinner, but of course it turned out to be a reminiscing party (for me and heather). I am sure our husbands felt like it was one of those times when old mission companions get together and talk about all of their old mission stories, except our involved my "jersey years", when I was obsessed with wearing basketball jersies in elementary school, and girls camp stories. I thought it was tons of fun and we laughed alot! I love hanging out with old friends. It is so much fun to remember fun things we did together and it just feels comfortable. I just hope our husbands will let us do more things together-even though we talked the whole time :)

Some fun memories we talked about last night:
  • When we were girls camp YCL's and one of the girls was made over by the other girls in our cabin with tons of blue eyeshadow and makeup and I didn't even recognize her. I was yelling for her and asking where she was when she was standing right in front of me.
  • Youth conference when we were given and orange to eat in the morning and then had to go all day hiking and doing different activities without eating anything and then we had a HUGE dinner and everyone got sick.
  • Going to Prom with boys who were brothers and then wearing our dresses and disgustingly hair sprayed "prom hair" to church the next day.
  • Jet skiing and having heather be pulled into the water by the neck from the rope that was attached to my tube.
There were alot more, but these were some of my favorites.

In other news, Jake started rifle school today, and I am sure he was VERY excited. He came in to say goodbye and was practically skipping :) Okay, not really, but he is excited to go. I am off to work and on my way will listen to the Mamma Mia soundtrack- vic you got me totally addicted! (if you don't own it, Go get it!)

2 comments:

The Smith's - said...

Mary, we had so much fun too!! I miss hanging out with you, we need to see each other a lot more often. We would love to get together again, but next time please wear a jersey and I will make chicken patty on bun for you!

April said...

I love the Mamma Mia soundtrack too!