Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Two things I don't understand: poor sportsmanship and sagging pants.

Last night Jake had a softball game and I saw a great display of poor sportsmanship. While our team was in the outfield (know that jake's team is full of ward members and the bishop) the other team's 3rd base coach went crazy. I guess our third baseman made a comment to him
about whatever and the 3rd base coach went off. He was swearing like crazy and looking like he wanted to push the baseman and then Jake got up off the bench and told the guys to calm down and just play the game, but then the 3rd base coach yelled at Jake to "Tell YOUR team members to calm down and play...What are you doing up anyway? Shut up and sit down". I was sitting on the sideline watching this whole thing and I was getting fired up! I wanted to yell at the stupid guy for yelling at Jake. I had this whole thing set up in my mind how I would yell at him and then things would get so crazy that I would have to punch him in the face (a little extreme, i know). The Ump stood up and told everyone to shut up or he would call the game, so everyone went back and played. I couldn't believe how upset I had gotten. On the way out I saw the jerk walking out and i wanted to "accidentally" hit him really hard with my purse. I can't imagine how I am going to be when we have kids and someone says something mean to them. I told the guys at work about this today and one of them told me "watch out for mamma bear!" That's right!

Saggy Pants: What is the deal with these? Is this even comfortable? I went to get dinner tonight and while there a teenager was walking around with his pants around his thighs. He didn't even have a belt to hold them up. Do teenage girls find it attractive when guys have to walk with their legs spread so far apart, not able to bend their knees because their pants might fall down? I would think it would be harder to walk that way, but what do I know?

I went to a pampered chef party last week and realized I have a problem: I love to buy kitchen gadgets. Do I cook very often? No. I think I have a hope that if I stock my kitchen with fun gadgets I will want to cook more. I think I just find it hard to cook for two people. Then when Jake is working I find no point in cooking for myself and when I do I usually just make macaroni and cheese. Any suggestions? I know it will definitely help the waistline and wallet if we don't eat out so much...

2 comments:

K.E.N said...

The funny thing is that I can totally see you getting way too upset...but I think you should have clocked that man with your purse on "accident." I would have laughed all day. And when you do have kids it's hard. I saw a kid kick Noah for no reason last week and I wanted to beat him up. The funny thing is that he kicked him in his diaper and so Noah didn't even have any idea, but I was fuming. I'm afraid for when he can walk and play with kids-maybe he just won't have any friends :)

Julie And Adam said...

I have tons of kitchen gadgets I don't use either. But I do like to cook for me and Adam. It does help the waistline a little and you get the satisfaction of knowing you did something for your spouse or even for yourself. And then you have leftovers you can take for lunch the next day and save a little more money when you don't go out to get lunch that day. But then there's something about getting your dinner cooked fast (like macaroni) and just relaxing and not having to worry about the extra dishes. Hee hee!