Friday, August 22, 2008

We went skydiving! It was so much fun! A bunch of people from my work went a couple of weeks ago, and I was a little nervous so I didn't go with them. My boss convinced me that I should go- he even had another co-worker tell me the only way he would go is if I would go. So, I decided to do it, and made Jake get in on the action! So on Wednesday we showed up (it is out in Tooele) and watched a twenty minute video where they showed you exactly what you needed to do in the air (Belly button, Breathe, Banana). While being attached to a skydiver by four caribeeners you have to stand on the edge of a platform on the plane while flying through the air, then on the count of 3 you have to stick you belly out first (belly button) with your head back as far as it can go. Then proceed to breathe through your teeth (breathe) and then when the instructor says to, curve your body like a banana in the air. We couldn't stop laughing throughout the entire video, but don't you worry..we remembered the three B's! I had the awesome opportunity to be attached to a guy who smelled like cigarette smoke and talked about his "hot 27 year-old" wife (which I don't 100% believe because he was about 5'5'' and was wearing a man tank top and camo cargo pants). I don't know about Jake's experience, because he seemed to have a normal instructor, but mine was crazy. We did a flip out of the airplane and then he pulled the cord for the parachute and then let me direct where it was going. Then he told me to pull it in a certain way that we were parallel to the ground and were spinning super fast. I thought I was going to lose it. I felt so sick. I must have looked worse than I felt, because when I got to the ground I couldn't walk very well and Jake said that I was super pale. I guess it is a good idea to eat before you jump out of plane.... Jake loved his experience and we really want to go again! We would only have to go one more time with an instructor attached to us, and then one our third jump we jump solo, but with two instructors jumping at the same time. If you haven't done it, you should definitely try it! It was awesome!


After the jump by the airplane


I couldn't get a good picture with Jake's whole face, so he looks like Two-Face

In other news, we got a new kitchen table and chairs! We are very excited about that...and I am also posting a picture of the paintings I went to Tai Pan 4 times for- I swear the workers there think I am insane. But i HAD to have them! (the picture is for you mom...)



Can anyone guess who is on the tv in the back? That's right, it is P. Diddy!

4 comments:

jen said...

YOU TWO ARE FREAKING INSANE!!!!! I am so glad that you made it safely back to earth!

What an adventure!

K.E.N said...

HEY! YOU STOLE OUR KITCHEN SET!!! The only difference is the microfiber seats. I didn't even read the rest of your post because I was so UPSET about your dinette set. :)

Shumway Family said...

You are nuts! I HATED when I went skydiving. The only thing I thought was, "I should have never given into peer pressure".

We did some death spiral the entire time - the guy was trying to show off and I thought I was going to have a stroke!

THe yard is finished and looks awesome. THanks for all your help!

Amanda said...

Danny and I are going skydiving for our anniversary next weekend!! I can't wait! Everybody keeps telling us we're crazy =) Looks like you two had fun!